The Blue Dance
The Blue Dance was the second Akoluthic production and followed quickly on from Sunrise. However, The Blue Dance was a complete change of style and featured original compositions by Carl Russell as well as performances of Bach, Garende and Handel by Steve Wallace and Sandy Bartai. "The Blue Dance" and "Pasacaglia" were performed and recorded by Thee Akoluthic string orchestra in composition workshops at the Royal Northern College of Music in November 1989 and November 1993 respectively, conducted by Carl Russell.
The original track list was:
- The Blue Dance (for 36 strings) by Carl Russell.
- Prelude in C min No 5 by J.S.Bach featuring Sandy Bartai on cello.
- Douce Memoir by Gardene featuring Steve Wallace counter tenor.
- Bella Asteria by G.F.Handel featuring Steve Wallace counter tenor and Sandy Bartai on cello.
- Passacaglia (for 4 solo cellos and string orchestra by Carl Russell.
The Blue Dance was recorded, produced and engineered between 20th July 1994 and 31st July 1994.